Post Procedure Care Printer Friendly
Expect light to moderate swelling and redness. Witch hazel pads may be used to minimize swelling the day of and the day after procedure. Use Aquaphor or provided oil around the treated area for 2 or 3 days following the procedure. You must use NEW mascara to avoid contamination. No contact lenses for 2 days. Wash hands before touching eyelids. No exercise for 5 days. *Ointment pinhead size or 1 drop of oil. *DO NOT USE LATISSE OR LASH DYE FOR 4 WEEKS.
Expect swelling, thickness and/or redness for 1 to 2 days following the procedure. Keep lightly glossed with Aquaphor Ointment or 1 drop of oil 2 times daily for 10 days. Wash and pat dry Day 2. No exercise for 5 days. *Ointment size of pinhead.
Expect moderate swelling, usually 1 to 2 days following the procedure. Keep moist with Aquaphor ointment or Liprotek for the next 5 to 7 days, then switch to chapstick or lipstick with an SPF of 15 or greater, as the sun tends to fade lip color quickly. After the procedure, the lips will appear to have too much color. After 3 to 4 days, the color will become lighter as the epidermis sloughs off. It will appear that you have lost all of your color; however, when your lips have healed completely, the dermal layer will gradually become darker. 2 or 3 applications may be required to achieve the desired results. It is not uncommon to lose up to 70% of the color on the first application. No exercise for 5 days.
Scar Camouflage/Areola Restoration
Keep area away from water for 24 hours. Keep moist with Aquaphor or oil provided for 3 to 5 days. No vigorous exercise for 24 hours. WASH HANDS BEFORE APPLYING THE PROVIDED OINTMENT.
- Do not use any Retin-A or glycolic Acids while healing
- Do not use Peroxide, Neosporin, or Bacetracin on any areas (no exceptions)
- Do not scrub or pick treated areas
- Do not expose area to sun or tanning beds
- Avoid facials, swimming, steam rooms, hot tubs and/or whirlpools for at least 5 days (No ocean water or chlorine water)
- Do not dye or tweeze eyebrows one week before procedure
- Do not use Latisse on eyelashes for 4 weeks
- No waxing until 10 days after procedure
- Avoid hot showers and bath soaking
- No sweating or exercise
- Avoid sleeping on the face for 5 days
- Lips: No teeth bleaching toothpastes or rinses (be careful when rinsing mouth)
- No mascara for 5 days
FAILURE TO FOLLOW POST-PROCEDURE INSTRUCTIONS MAY RESULT IN DISCOLORATION OR LOSS OF PIGMENT.
- The known possible complications from micropigmentation are:
Redness Dry patches Tenderness Swelling Puffiness Bruising Itching
- It is normal to lose approximately 1/3 of the color during the healing process.
- After initial procedure, the color may be a shade too dark; in 6 days it will appear too light. After ten days, the color will show more.
- It will appear softer when completely healed because the color will come from the dermal layer of the skin to the epidermal layer of the skin.
FAILURE TO FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS WILL RESULT IN COLOR LOSS.